Wednesday, July 22, 2015

The 100 best....

One of my Bucket List items was to watch the Top 100 movies ever made, and I recently completed that goal,

or should I say survived......

I can't say that I was a big fan of a lot of the movies.  There were a lot of war and mob movies, of which I am not a big fan.  Violence and I do not really get along, it literally upsets my stomach.  Quite a few movies had female nudity just for no reason at all, not cool, and immediately turns me off of a movie, it's just  lazy.

I did stumble across some that I probably never would of watched without this list.  I was caught off guard how much #26 Dr Strangelove made me laugh.  I am still quoting it...

Some of the movies made this list for the technological breakthroughs that they made, and while I'll admit it was interesting to see movie making evolve thru this, the story lines with those movies iffy at best....

If you decide to check it out, take this piece of advice, watch them in order, instead of what I did, which was to watch the movies I liked first and then finished the list.  I think that may of skewered my perception of the entire list.

I got my list from here, and what I realized, more than anything, is that we need more female screenwriters and directors and movie critics. PRONTO!

Still a movie fan....
Melissa




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...