Wednesday, May 20, 2015

10 Random Items

I haven't written in a while, mainly due to the fact that I haven't had a whole blog post worth of an idea to write about, but then tonight, I remembered I had done a random post in the past and really enjoyed it and so here we go again...

Random.

Disjointed..

Thoughts...

#1.  While I love the rain and moisture we have been receiving the past couple of weeks here in Salt Lake City, I need some sunshine and dry weather to complete a project in my front yard.  I am putting in a concrete cobblestone walkway.  I have a great mold from Quikcrete and have asked questions, watched videos and prepared myself for another home improvement project.  I just need clear skies.

#2.  I am learning how to row/crew.  The weather, mentioned above, is also interfering with this as well.  Believe it or not, I row on the Great Salt Lake!!!!  And once you get out of the marina and on to the lake, the lake stink goes away and the views are stunning.  I will be doing a longer post when I finish my lessons and get some pictures.  It is unbelievably fun and a great workout!

#3.  My New Year's Resolutions are going ok.....  I have had some misses, but I am getting better.  One of the resolutions is getting revamped, the approach was WAY more complicated than it needed to be, so I am going to simplify it and let you know....

#4.  I have been rediscovering my Art gene.  As you may recall, I have been taking watercolor classes and now I have been introduced to Art Journaling.  I love the process!  When I get braver, I'll post some of my work on here so you can see it.

#5.  I am still doing my cardio kickboxing on a regular basis.  I still struggle with full pushups, but there has been a slight improvement.

#6.  Go see 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron'.  It is funny, snarky, and a good action film.

#7.  My vegetable garden is finally all in.  Tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, kale, carrots, radishes, lettuce, and strawberries are all growing....

#8.  It has been interesting, to me anyway, to see the growth in me on issues that I have faced this year.  I have finally taken book knowledge and turned it into my own personal knowledge.  I have to acknowledge the guides, teachers and events that have led me to this.

#9.  With the end of the tv season, I am not that sad about shows ending.  My tv watch list gets smaller and smaller every year, and I am ok with that.

#10.  I am stopping with 10 things as a tribute to David Letterman's Top Ten Lists......  I loved watching Late Night back in the day....  His wardrobe has dramatically improved over the years.

Well...
I'm off...
Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Well rounded and you are at the helm. I like that.

    ReplyDelete

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...