Sunday, August 10, 2014

Sounds of Summer.....

I have decided that I do not like to travel in Summer.....
the crowds, the heat, and the pressure for a perfect summer make it not so much fun, and since my schedule is flexible enough that I can travel in the Fall, Winter, or Spring,  I spend my Summer money on other things.....like concerts.

I  love concerts in the Summer, especially outdoor ones.

Red Butte Gardens is my favorite venue here in Salt Lake City for Summertime concerts.  It is not too big, so no matter where you sit, you've got great seats and the sound is amazing.

In the Spring, when the lineups were announced, I FREAKED out!!!!!  Four of my all time favorite bands/musicians were heading to Red Butte:

Sarah McLaughlin.

The Avett Brothers.

Lyle Lovett and His Large Band.

Chris Isaak.

The irony of it all, I have introduced multiple people to Chris Isaak and they had proceeded to see him live, but I NEVER EVER had, til this Summer.

Red Butte's Amphitheater is general admission, so the earlier you arrive, the better your spot on the lawn.   Since I was aiming to see my fav's this summer, I got there early.....for all of them.

Gates opened at 6:30 pm, I was there by 3:30.....
Dedication is required, people, and a full battery on your phone.

So, without further ado, here is a sampling of my Summer love...

Sarah McLaughlin.
Here's one of her more well know songs, World on Fire
Love, Love, Love her voice......

The Avett Brothers.  A North Carolina group that defies categorization.  Folk, Rock, Country, Bluegrass, and Rockbilly can all be used to describe them.  I got introduced to their music a couple of years ago and have rapidly become a HUGE fan.

This is a beautiful song, don't worry about the title, and just listen...
Murder in the City

This is my current favorite song by the Avett Brothers...
Head Full of Doubt

Next in my Summertime adventure was Lyle Lovett and His Large Band...
His voice just slays me....and this was the first song of his that I ever heard.

Church


Now, I come to the end of my concert series with a confession....
I might be a stalker.
Not a scary one, mind you, but a I LOVE YOU and think you are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING one...
for Chris Isaak.

His voice, his looks, and his personality... drooling.

So here is Somebody's Crying.

and I can't end this without my favorite Chris song..
Life will go on.

If you ever have a chance to see any of the concerts I had the amazing opportunity to see this summer..
GOOOO!!

With my iPod playing my favorites,
Melissa

1 comment:

The Final Bit....

I knew it was coming, for a while now, but when it finally happened it still hurt. Miss Bacall, tail wagging joyful basset hound superst...